Thread: Training
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 07:55 AM
ImperialxRat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Bhawk510 View Post
Thanks! Is there only one bid window at AS, or do they have a second one?
Wow! That’s a rumor I hadn’t heard yet. Time will tell.
I’ve never used PBS, but my best friend is at JB and likes it. It works for him and makes the bid process pretty easy…about 15 minutes and he is done.

Does reserve (I’m a new guy starting training end of Oct) bid differently than line holders? Are you able to waive days off to get more work days in a row reducing the number of commutes in a month? How flexible are the schedulers?
Would anyone be willing to show what the reserve schedule looks like?
Soooo much to learn…Thanks in advance!
Sorry for being snarky in my other post, I just meant that there are plenty of rumors in aviation and they’re not always accurate. There is a good chance we will switch to a PBS system, it’s something that is being negotiated.

Plan for what we have currently though.. it’s a line big system that then has two trading windows where you can attempt to trade trips in a seniority system. It’s not really reliable as a super junior person, and most the time any day you would want to trade into will be closed, unless you’re just trying to get a random weekday day off.

Then is the open flying lines and reserve bidding. Open flying lines are made up of extra pairings and trips that drop for conflict and vacation. Reserve lines have “12 days off” each month, although they’re not calendar days, they’re blocks of time (48 hours, etc). You can try and move days around to have 6 reserve days in a row.

Welcome aboard!