View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 07:11 PM
Bgood
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
Nonsense. Between now and the end of 2027 Spirit has orders for over 100 A320 series aircraft.

B6 has orders for about 80 more A 220s and at least 40 more 320 series aircraft. Granted, some of the B6 aircraft are E-190 and older 320 replacements and some of the NK aircraft will likely replace elderly 319s, but that is still a lot of growth. There WILL BE a lot of new positions opening up in a lot of (for B6) new bases. Every pilot slot that gets filled voluntarily is one more that doesn’t have to be filled by displacement which is far more costly to the company than running a bid.

Just letting people go where they want when they are in fact needed there anyway is the cheapest way to handle things. As far as vacations, so what? It’s a voluntary move. If the person wants it bad enough they can either take what is left this cycle at their new base or just take the money and wait for next year.
And the company still has the option for this:
--> supplemental bid whenever they want

Just telling what the reason was behind the annual bidding. Not that I agree with it, it could be improved. I must say, I did benefit from this setup though. Got my annual bid results, a month later I bid for vacation. Several months later, supplemental bid came out and I bid for something else and kept my vacation.