Thread: SkyWest ?’s
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 09:16 AM
westcoastf
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Originally Posted by 123AB View Post
Welcome aboard! Unfortunately there are not simple answers to your questions because things change all the time, but there are some generalizations. Lately, new hires on the ERJ are going to SFO, SLC, SEA, and BOI. But again, this can change next month and likely will.

If you don’t want one of those bases, you can expect to get your base within 1-4 bid cycles, unless you want SAN or PDX and then it could take approximately 6 months or more.

Reserve will likely last 1-3 months, but that can change too.

If my answers sound vague, it’s because it is impossible to look into the crystal ball. But the times above are the about the best approximation one can give.

Since I started here I moved up over 600 spots on the seniority in like 3 months and there is now 500 people under me now. I have yet to actually do IOE yet. I’m hoping to be able to hold a line somewhere by November or so. Who knows though, I’m new and don’t totally know how fast things move or how to look at bases that I could actually hold a line at.

Also heard from friends OO has classes of 80 people starting in September. I think that’s biweekly but not totally sure.

With an average of 200 people leaving per month and 160 people starting every month you are looking at a 360 swing on seniority a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk