View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 11:48 AM
Swapapotamoose
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by bonvoyage View Post
All I can do is LOL.

ALPA will be what our elected reps and pilot group make it. You’re clearly not on board with the majority of pilots here. From everything I can tell, you are quite possibly an A220 DEC, who was paid to sit at home for months while the line pilots that built this place were kicked while they were down. It doesn’t sound like you’ve been around very long, and what “nice, glorious items” have been given to you, was at the cost of the original pilots being treated like $hit. The BPC has no funding. NONE. It’s a volunteer group that mgmt laughs at. Management put that together with the thought of “that will keep the pilots busy and out of our hair”.

What big raises are you talking about? Each quarter… lol. The last raise was in February, effective March 1st. So we are almost 2 quarters past that with no raise. Since our “big raise”, regional carriers have started paying above us (AAWO carriers at $90 year 1 FO, not including the bonuses, DEC min guarantee of $246k year 1; now Commutair is paying only $3 per hour less than us to fly a 50 seat aircraft PLUS a bonus PLUS 16% 401k).

Anyway, yea we’ve had “big” raises here, as we sit $80-125 per hour below industry standard, with a 4% 401k match. Doesn’t sound like you were around last December when we so graciously received that monumental pay raise, I mean cut, where we got $6 per hour raise and they took away +30k a year profit sharing.

Like I said to begin with, all I can do is LOL
This times 1000%. Management is only playing nice now because a union threatens their profit margins.