View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 05:14 AM
Margaritaville
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by AF2AL View Post

What exactly do you think that ALPA is going to do that isn't being done already? Do you think they're going to show up and automatically get us the new UPS rates?
Breeze has given raises at least every quarter if not more often. Work rules are improving all the time and leadership has shown that they're trying to communicate and work with the pilots in order to make it a place where people want to work.

I know that everyone with little experience thinks that ALPA is going to be some saving grace but that's not the way it works. The biggest factors when it comes to work rules and compensation, are the profitability of the company and the willingness of management to work with the pilots.

Take a look at all the companies represented by ALPA and you'll see everything from the best compensation/work rules (Delta, FedEx etc.) all the way down to the bottom of the barrel places to work (Swift, Mesa, Commutair, Western Global, etc.) and everything in between. If ALPA is the determining factor, why aren't Spirit and Frontier pilots making the same as Delta? Why has Mesa been a terrible place to work when they've had ALPA since the late 1980's?

If management was unwilling to work with us and playing hardball, that would be completely different. Then I'd agree that a union is neccessary, but that's not even close to the way things are.
This sounds like the preamble to the FordHarrison Universal Union Busting Handbook.

I award you zero points due to your lack of originality and creativity. Sounds like Breeze management has a lot to learn before they advance in union busting level. This is 1990s bush league BS.