View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 05:41 AM
Jdub2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Mscott View Post
I see a lot of people warning off who don’t have prior 121 experience or a type rating. I don’t technically have 121 experience nor a FAA type rating. I’m originally from the UK and have a class date with breeze in the coming weeks.

I do have about 3 years experience of airline flying from the UK and two type ratings. Would you say my experience will count for anything in helping me get through the breeze training? I know they’re both different kettle of fish, but thought I’d ask the question anyway!
You'll definitely have a leg up compared to CFI's, but I don't think they really cover the specifics of 121 & 117 regs because they're used to newhires already knowing them cold.

What did you fly in the UK? Off the top of my head are you familiar with or could you learn on your own (FAA) takeoff minimums, alternate minimums, two navaid rule, max flight time and duty limits, the categories of MELs etc. (possibly similar or identical?) There's a lot of little stuff that could all add up to make you unsuccessful during training or IOE