On Reserve
AlaskaAdam
On Reserve
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2022
  • Position
    1900C FO
Quote: Class sizes range from 25-60. It depends on how much the company needs to pump through or throttle back on if the pipeline is getting clogged up.

From having just gone through training a couple months ago, I would say the biggest hurdles are experienced by those that have not flown fast airplanes (CFIs) and also those that are not used to automation. But don’t misunderstand me: OO knows the bulk of their trainees are 1,500 hour CFIs and they have structured the training program really well to get people successfully through, provided one is putting in the work.

Coming from the 1900, you will be a little bit ahead of the curve.
Thanks for the feedback. I am absolutely willing to put in the work. I am 43 and starting older but this is a dream come true for me. Thanks for taking the time to answer! Also I am glad to hear their program is geared to newer pilots Lol.

We hand fly every thing 99% of the time. All my turbine IFR time is in Alaska so the flying is challenging. I am shooting numerous approaches and hand flying in the flight levels 5 days a week. But the systems portion of the 1900 kicked my butt bad Lol. I did come from a 172. At that time no real world IFR experience or crew experience. The systems were the most complex for me to learn during that time frame. I think that’s why I slightly intimidated by the 175.

I will have a lot to learn when it comes to the FMS and automation. That’s all completely foreign to me.
I am looking forward to starting. I sincerely appreciate your reply.