Thread: CTP and ERJ training questions, March 2022

123AB , 09-03-2022 02:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off
123AB
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2021
Quote: Thanks for the feedback. I am absolutely willing to put in the work. I am 43 and starting older but this is a dream come true for me. Thanks for taking the time to answer! Also I am glad to hear their program is geared to newer pilots Lol.

We hand fly every thing 99% of the time. All my turbine IFR time is in Alaska so the flying is challenging. I am shooting numerous approaches and hand flying in the flight levels 5 days a week. But the systems portion of the 1900 kicked my butt bad Lol. I did come from a 172. At that time no real world IFR experience or crew experience. The systems were the most complex for me to learn during that time frame. I think that’s why I slightly intimidated by the 175.

I will have a lot to learn when it comes to the FMS and automation. That’s all completely foreign to me.
I am looking forward to starting. I sincerely appreciate your reply.
You’re bringing a lot of great real world experience with you and you’ll do great. Systems are very well designed on the E175 and you shouldn’t have a problem there. And when it comes to hand flying and doing instrument work, you’ll be solid there too. Like you said, getting the FMS to do what you want it to do will likely be your biggest challenge. The trick is there are many ways of getting something done with the FMS, but it’s learning the nuances of each is where the magic is at. Once you get that down, I’m willing to bet that you’ll love this plane. It is a lot of fun to fly.