Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 11:06 AM
skypilot35
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: It's hot out here.

Originally Posted by Hawkdriver64 View Post
I tried PM'ing a couple of people but don't have permissions. I have an October 19th Class date and am looking forward to working for Omni. I am retired Military (Army) and lifestyle / schedule is very attractive - assuming I make it through training, I will be a lifer for my last 7 (hopefully 9!) years of 121 eligibility. I flew on Omni multiple times to the sandbox and that is how I became aware of them. Waiting anxiously for my CBTs - I'm an on call charter pilot at the moment and have time to study before I get there.

So when I was in training at Mesa for the CRJ everything we studied was for the 900 (numbers to memorize like wingspan etc.) even though we flew all CRJ models (at the time). I don't know anything about Boeing but have purchased some Boeing books - I don't expect anyone on this forum to give me CBT access early but what should I be studying prior to CBT access?

Also - is all the training in Dallas or just the sims? Do most guys drive there?

PM me if you prefer (and you can!)

Thank you -
I'd recommend you wait for the CBTs. The CBTs have everything you are expected to know. The guys / gals in training won't let you down. If you show up, put in the work, and have a positive attitude you will make it through the training program. Congratulations on the class date and welcome to Omni.