Thread: Crew Food/Rest
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 05:28 PM
HeavyD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by jtf560 View Post
The last IBI cost the company more in pilot pay increases per year than the 2015 contract increases over the 2007 contract. It brought a lot of money to the pilots, mostly for another 3 years of extension. I fully admit that inflation is now eating up a lot of the gains.

The current union leadership at NJASAP does what the union tells them to do via surveys. They have been told by the union members to work with management and mostly cooperate. If the union members tell them to go to war against the company in an adversarial way like in 2015, they will do that. For that to happen, the union members need to let them know that is what they want on the surveys. There is a new survey now. Answer your phone and let them know how you feel. The majority of pilots don't feel as you do. That may be changing, but it hasn't shown on the surveys.

Is there money for raises? I believe there will be when management sees attrition increase and the ability to hire decrease. That isn't the case now. That will likely be the case soon. The company will become more profitable with growth and have more money for raises at a later time without having to crank up the prices, but I'm sure they could raise the prices enough and squeeze their profits enough now to give a healthy raise if they have the motivation. I'm not against a more aggressive union stance, but I would like the attrition/ hiring motivation to have time to loosen the purse strings while slowly heating things up through the union. I think the union should go aggressive now for crew food issues and for bringing the company to do there pay off the job and not leave the pilots hanging when they screw daily operations up so much. After that is settled, then the union can start to tighten the screws for pay. I want more money yesterday, but I don't support a full on 2015 style campaign yet.
Well said, I agree with most of what you posted.