Notices
NetJets Fractional Operator

Crew Food/Rest

Old 11-24-2022, 06:18 AM
  #161  
Light chop airline newb
 
MinRest's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: A220 FO
Posts: 586
Default

Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
Our exemplary new hires make 30% less in base pay than a new hire at Mesa, Horizon etc. $90/ hour is basically 100K/year when factoring block vs credit. Soft money is not dependable and another byproduct of the union bailing out the company through an IBI.
I hope the direction of the union changes and you guys get what you want and deserve. Unfortunately the IBIs and company discretion extensions, are going to make it a tough road ahead.
MinRest is offline  
Old 11-24-2022, 08:42 AM
  #162  
Gets Everyday Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed
Posts: 5,444
Default

Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
Yikes - I didn't realize the gap was that wide. That's gotta hurt recruiting but recruiting isn't the unions job. And the new hire vote isn't what gets new contracts ratified. I really hope the company comes up to the plate in good faith to fix this stuff.
That is based on Today. How does it compare with the amounts a few months ago, before the big jump in the regionals’ pay? Probably much closer.
TransWorld is offline  
Old 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
  #163  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA
Posts: 1,569
Default

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
That is based on Today. How does it compare with the amounts a few months ago, before the big jump in the regionals’ pay? Probably much closer.
Regional pay was much closer, as were many other part 91K/135 operators. The sudden surge in Regional Pilot wages started by AA in mid-June was matched within a few months by the other regionals. They pretty much had to or start parking even more jets.
I'm sure other 91, 91K, and 135 operators have been hit hard by this escalation in pay. At least the ones who require an ATP or R-ATP anyway. NetJets and other operators are going to have to do something about the pay or face a greatly increased rotation speed of their revolving doors, although NJA has very good benefits and "soft" pay which may help them somewhat.
AirBear is offline  
Old 11-24-2022, 07:07 PM
  #164  
Line Holder
 
v1rotatay's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2022
Posts: 92
Default

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
That is based on Today. How does it compare with the amounts a few months ago, before the big jump in the regionals’ pay? Probably much closer.
I was getting 11 days off working 90 credit hours a month at OO on $57.15/hr as a third year FO.

About $61k gross, minus about $7k for insurance and HSA.
v1rotatay is offline  
Old 11-25-2022, 07:42 AM
  #165  
Light chop airline newb
 
MinRest's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: A220 FO
Posts: 586
Default

Originally Posted by v1rotatay View Post
I was getting 11 days off working 90 credit hours a month at OO on $57.15/hr as a third year FO.

About $61k gross, minus about $7k for insurance and HSA.
My guess is that regional QOL hasn't increases a whole lot. Maybe with commuter hotels and positive space travel, but I bet day to day work QOL and days off have improved very little. The pay however has gotten insane. Clearly it's not viable long term but the amount a new hire can make now at a regional is seriously crazy.
MinRest is offline  
Old 11-25-2022, 12:28 PM
  #166  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Posts: 74
Default

Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
Yikes - I didn't realize the gap was that wide. That's gotta hurt recruiting but recruiting isn't the unions job. And the new hire vote isn't what gets new contracts ratified. I really hope the company comes up to the plate in good faith to fix this stuff.
Well, it looks like we're sending Beavis and Butthead to the negotiating table again. If it doesn't work the first time, surely the fourth time's a charm. One of them has been getting on the MB lately and playing spinmaster regarding the next IBB. The company wants to raise new hire wages but doesn't find a corresponding wage increase to all "palatable".




.
HeavyD is offline  
Old 11-25-2022, 12:56 PM
  #167  
Speed, Power, Accuracy
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC
Posts: 1,590
Default

Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
Well, it looks like we're sending Beavis and Butthead to the negotiating table again. If it doesn't work the first time, surely the fourth time's a charm. One of them has been getting on the MB lately and playing spinmaster regarding the next IBB. The company wants to raise new hire wages but doesn't find a corresponding wage increase to all "palatable".




.
All very predictable. And hopefully a resounding NO vote if that actually comes to pass.
GeeWizDriver is offline  
Old 11-25-2022, 10:53 PM
  #168  
Gets Weekends Off
 
tm602's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Just a pilot
Posts: 634
Default

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
All very predictable. And hopefully a resounding NO vote if that actually comes to pass.
The usual will happen. Wave a signing bonus, and claim “there is NO more money available”….and everyone will vote yes.
tm602 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
USN2FEDEX
FedEx
3331
09-04-2019 08:45 PM
DogWhisperer
Delta
2
06-19-2016 01:26 PM
MD11Fr8Dog
Cargo
23
01-16-2011 10:18 AM
flyboy1987
Major
8
01-27-2008 11:25 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread