Thread: Vacancy

Dobbs18 , 09-15-2022 05:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Dobbs18
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2014
Quote: I am senior in the right seat. I am in the 10,xxx range on the 737 and man, every time I bid in PBS I am like "does every sequence have to start on Thursday, Friday, Saturday?"

No f'ing way am I taking an upgrade to work every single weekend and holiday. I don't remember our schedule being this weekend heavy. I distinctly remember getting monday-friday trips at 60% and now I am barely getting those same trips at 20%
yeah I noticed the same thing, trips have gotten really really bad. It’s especially bad in CLT because of all the regional lift we have taken over. I was left with a total of 4xx some trips to chose from that didn’t touch weekends or have a redeye in it for Oct out of 1,600+ trips. 2-3 years ago someone in my seniority range(23% roughly in base) could hold middle of the week 3days and some 2days. Now if I’m lucky I get 3 4days and 1 3day. But if I don’t get my parameters meet oh well, SCR doesn’t bother me as much as it does others. If the trips are this bad I might as well be doing them from the left seat so I put it in for this vacancy, yeah I will lose my weekends and holidays but I got no problem calling in sick so my kids remember who their dad is, ha…I think it’s not just sat and sun anymore, scheduling basically treats Fridays as a weekend day now I’ve noticed.