View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 11:39 AM
bonvoyage
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
I suspect that the individuals struggling with Breeze training will struggle at any other airline. If you are competent with a good study ethic I don’t think you will have a problem.
This is normally the case. However, the 190 training here is mainly geared towards already typed, already 121 experienced pilots. Nothing says a non typed, new pilot can’t be successful, it’s just way more difficult. The instructors here aren’t going to spoon feed you.

For example, a problem I have seen is the “training supplement” (study guide) that is handed out. It’s extremely bare bones. It has almost nothing about limitations in it. Well any prior 121 pilot would know that you will have to know limitations. Some of the new hires ONLY put enough effort to read the study guide and assume that will be enough. We all know you have to crack open all of the other manuals at some point… but it seems like the zero to hero new hires lack that knowledge

All being said, any pilot who qualifies for an ATP shouldn’t fail out. It’s not that hard. You just have to be proactive and do a lot of extra self study