Thread: Citation X pay
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 11:17 PM
HSLD
APC co-founder

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B777

Originally Posted by thebignickey
I am new to the sight here, and I would like to, after I get out of collage and all, work my way to become a Citation X pilot. I just wanted to know what the going pay scale is for Citation X FO's and Captain's, and what I can do to better my chances of getting into flying the Citation X as soon as possible.

I just about have my private knocked out, and plan on completing my instrument over the summer. I hope to attend Emory Riddle in the fall of 2008 and plan to have my commercial, and possibly my CFII by them as well. Any information you all can provide would be of great help.

Thanks,
Nick Gill
Nick,

Welcome to the site, don't worry about the spelling jokes, I think/hope they are all in good fun.

We all have our favorite aircraft, but in this economy most pilots are willing to fly what they can. The Citation X is a cool jet and if that's what does it for you, keep working! APC lists pay rates for fractionals here: http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/bc/fractional.htm You should be able to get an idea for starting salarys for a variety of business aircraft.

Work hard in school, the job market for pilots these days is tough.

Good Luck!