View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 07:48 AM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
Never once did I mention mountain bikes, hiking or sports cars.

I'm not sure what exposure or workload you were concerned about that drove you out of real estate. If you ask for advice vs making assumptions you would be surprised to learn how little time is spent on a properly structured portfolio. Landlording single family value add is for people with more time than money, but that is the assumption people make when they don't know the options. Owning apartments, self storage, NNN or pooling funds to be a hard money lender are what people with pilot sized income/assets do.
Your hobby, yes that's an intentional term to show everything you espouse is outside the retirement section of our PWA. Your success is great and you have plastered these boards with your success for others to follow but that's not what we as Delta pilots have and continue to negotiate in our PWA. If I was on here advising powerball as a retirement plan it would be no different. Your advice and example is great for people, SHOULD THEY CHOOSE TO PURSUE IT. That outside investing should be done with outside fund or wages, not with retirement defined contributions provided by Delta.