View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 02:27 PM
Shady702
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2022
Position: R6

Originally Posted by dracir1 View Post
Originally Posted by spooldup
This forum is a cesspool of negativity. Most people I fly with are really happy and enjoy it here. But the general consensus is that management sucks (Like every airline out there). If I listened to these forums I wouldn't have come here and I wouldn't be as happy as I am right now.

I can appreciate your great attitude. Seriously. Your perspective is fresh and uplifing.

However, I must mention that it isn't the most "accurate" or helpful perspective. By comparison, your job as a F9 pilot is probably top 10% when compared to ALL jobs. As we all know, there are some pretty crappy jobs out there. But, if you were to compare an F9 pilot job to that of OTHER PILOT JOBS in the US, that percentage falls. There are now regional jobs that pay close to or maybe just as much as our FOs, have the same or better hotels and work rules that are equivalent. Of course, it's all a matter of perspective.

I'm not posting this to discourage you because I do feel every thread does need balance and you do provide what seems to be the contrary view, but I will say that it is appreciated and necessary. Just keep it 100 about where you work...
It definitely is a matter of perspective...
There are approximately 140 named airlines in the US between the majors, regionals, cargo, charter, air ambulance, and that does not include ANY OTHER PILOT JOBS. By your bold statement, that means you feel there are at least 14 or more of those airline company's PILOT JOBS that you would do or recommend others to do, not including the 1,000s of other PILOT JOBS, before coming to F9?? Id say slight exaggeration.

Another matter of perspective, but regionals with work rules equivalent to here? Come on man, how long has it been since you have worked under those regional rules? Do we have some cleaning to do for the next contract, absolutely, just like all majors are fighting for right now, but I am truly curious if you are implying that regional work rules are on par with ours? If you really are implying that, the good news is there is quite a few of them that need CAs and are willing to give industry 1 for 1 credit and significant bonuses to head that way. Win win if you believe it. No loss in seniority and you can have the same or better hotels, work rules and just as much or more pay (your words, and not my thoughts or feelings for sure).

I'm not posting this to discourage you because I do feel every thread does need balance and you do provide what seems to be the contrary view, but I will say that it is appreciated and necessary. Just keep it 100 about where you work...[/QUOTE]

Great advise, and I hope all realize no matter how ruff management is right now, it is still far better here at F9 than any regional. My opinion, coming from one of the bigger regionals and still watching them come apart.