View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 07:57 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Hubcapped View Post
Oh the irony of this statement. You are the flip side of the same coin.

It’s absolutely fascinating to me that hard core extremists on both sides cant see they truly are the same ridiculous propaganda filled sheep, splayed for slaughter to feed the establishment.

The nice thing is that the adults in the room are going to try and get in front of it despite the shenanigans from both sides. This year marked the first time capital investment for renewable energy outpaced those for oil.

Don’t kill your economy, but don’t fall prey to right propaganda
I don’t know about the accuracy (or lack of same) of the global warming models. Frankly, I’m not sure ANYONE knows about the accuracy of the global warming models, but BASED on those global warming models, there is literally NOTHING that the US and Europe can do to offset the expansion of CO2 release from China’s burgeoning coal-fired energy industry. You could reduce the US and European countries industrial CO2 output to zero within five years and that still would not offset the CO2 output increase they are already planning on building over that time.

It’s sort of a heads I win, tails you lose sort of phenomenon mathematically. If the models are right and we do nothing we are screwed. If the models are right and we spend trillions giving it our best effort we are similarly screwed. Personally, I’m a big fan of modern design inherently safe modular nuclear power reactors. Make them here, fuel them, then sell them to China. That might actually be helpful.