View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 07:28 PM
bonvoyage
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by Richmond454 View Post
It's a PIC type but not really. U fly with PIC limitations on your certificate. Need to fly a minimum of 1000 hrs on the line before you even get to attempt to upgrade. Then if you pass the captain upgrade training and sims you need a FED ride before you're a PIC. So yeah. It's officially a PIC type but in reality its far from it. I've been through 3 and currently going through a 4th 121/AQP type training and I do agree Mesa CRJ has a good training department when I was going through.
Mesa is the ONLY airline that I’ve ever heard of putting an SOE limitation (Subject to Pilot in Command) on a certificate. It is a PIC type rating. Pt.121 regulations and type ratings have nothing to do with one another. There are E170/190/CRJ operators that fly the planes under pt.91 or 135. There’s no reason to put it on there. Why do they do that? Does the Mesa training department hope people won’t be able to leave with that limitation??

Also a Fed ride is a joke, you’re evaluated on one leg, and as long as you don’t violate a reg or crash, you’re signed off.