View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 01:37 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Koalatree View Post
It’s not only averaging that is the problem. It’s that there are only two snap up dates and even then we’re snapping up to the average of the prior years numbers if you will.

For example, next September, we’ll be basing our snap up with our DOS+1 rate vs their DOS rate. Then a few months later (or whenever the big guys get their deals), they pass us again with their own DOS+1 numbers. Rinse repeat the following September for our final snap up.

So we’re effectively September 2024 snapping up to their DOS+1 rates and DL and the rest will still have their DOS+2 and DOS+3 rate increases that we won’t be able to snap up too. At that point, at least with DL, we’ll be at least $28 behind them in pay which is obviously worse than where we were this summer. The only recourse would be for the company to realize that’s not sustainable for hiring and attrition and want to try to get a new contract instead of dragging their feet again
Um, yes, so you recognize that if that's the case, you spent your DOS at #1 in the industry. They lagged behind 1 yr. I don't see how that's a problem. That's just a fact of getting a new contract 1 yr sooner than them.

Not to mention, it's a 3 yr contract and I would think that as long as the airline industry is doing good in 2024, we'll be back at the table. Unlike 2017-2022, AS won't be able to afford to stall. I'm not worried. The 2023 snap probably won't mean much unless 3 / 4 majors have new contracts, but the Sept 2024 snap up to average will help get us through the next contract cycle.