VHR-very happily retired
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2007
  • Position
    Retired
Quote: Yes, but not because of the classes. I can read a manual and watch YT videos on my own. For systems class the instructors definitely gave some useful information but that amounted to about half a day’s teaching (4 hours worth) over the course of ten 8 hour days. Studying in groups is also where you’re going to get the most out of being in training.

To be fair there’s also some other YT videos they show in systems that actually were very very insightful and something I wasn’t shown during my first 121 training program. But that could fit into another 4 hour block. So basically 1 good day worth of information scattered over 10 days of completely wasted time. Can you listen to someone read a technical manual out loud and be able to digest that detailed information that fast? I can’t, and neither could my classmates. We were all very frustrated with that. That’s not a “class,” that’s not “teaching.” What a waste of time.
You clearly do not understand how AQP works. With the initial program it is basically this: Company proposes a program. FAA signs off. FAA monitors pass/fail rate. Company continues program as written until it is changed and then again reviewed by the FAA who can then say no. Apparently Mesa’s program is acceptable because it is still running. If you want to see change to your view of Nirvana then become the AQP coordinator and go through the long term process of changing it. If not, probably best to just cooperate and graduate. Anything else sounds like whining.
Interesting situation is that if you in fact become AQP coordinator. That skill transfers to other airlines. I know of people being paid 150-200k a year for that position at a major.