View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 06:04 AM
QRH Bingo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by at6d View Post
I just have a question for the OP—they let you go after your first written test fail? There was no further opportunity? Is there more to the story aside from a medical condition which you implied impaired your abilities to pass the systems test the first time?

The way you own this will determine how your future interviews go.
I had the same question. I am not stating there are truths being left out here, but you are allowed to be re-trained after any failure and given the ability for a second attempt. But it is also possible that said airline knew they had an excess of FOs and used this one failure as an excuse to shed a little financial burden. Who knows.

But to the OP, as already stated, an easy way to come back to the 121 world is to prove to them you can be successful. Find a 135 operation that works for you and put in some time, preferably one where you can either be hired into a PIC position or a quick upgrade into one. However, I would advise against going anywhere forcing a training contract. Ameriflight just posted several openings within their company, Southern Airways Express & Cape Air are always hurting for people too. I worked for Berry Aviation and they are always looking for pilots (it can be brutal, but you’ll build solid experience there).

Best of luck, you’ll succeed as long as you keep putting in the work.