View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 12:17 AM
tommy2times
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by K1218 View Post
Hello everyone,

I wanted to create a post and hear some advice from some of you who may have either been in a similar situation, or know someone who has been, and how they moved forward. (Im sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, if so please let me know and I will repost) I was hired with my first regional airline job at the beginning of the year in March and was so excited. A few months before that, I was in a car accident as a passenger sitting in the back seat. A driver fell asleep on the wheel and rear ended the car I was in. I ended up being hospitalized for a few days. A few days before training I went to see an AME to reapply for my 1st class medical and it was not approved, but pending. I made mention of this to the company before starting my training. During my 3rd week when we got into systems I started experiencing pain in my lower back that was shooting pain down my leg. The pain got so bad towards the end I couldn't sit or focus for to long. I should have made mention of this sooner and delayed my training, but I was so eager and motivated to complete my training I kept going. During my systems exam I came a few points short scoring a 77 out of the 80 requirement. I was incredibly disappointed with myself. The company pulled me to the side and had let me go due to performance. The next day I saw a doctor and had MRI taken and I ended up getting back surgery a week later. Turns out I had several Herniated disks pressing on nerves that was being agitated from sitting for long periods of time. After my procedure, I feel great. I have no pain and my 1st class medical JUST came back in the mail last month, after many doctor visits and FAA review. I have been applying to practically every regional airline and I either have not been given a chance to interview due to my application being denied. I was able to interview with one company however they mentioned they are slowing down the FO hiring due to them having a captain shortage and they would keep my application on file.

-My question is, am I not getting any calls from the regionals because I did not successfully complete my training? -
-Is it possible it because a lot of Regional airlines are having a difficult time finding captains they are slowing down the FO hiring?

I would also like to know how do I move forward from this. I have been back at my flight school instructing, but im getting frustrated and beginning to feel like I'm never going to get hired. I would even be open to applying to 135 ops but I have been trying very hard for regional airlines due to the training.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I know of a gent at AA with 9 failures and an incident, and no he didn't flow neither. He got hired off the street!