Thread: TA Reached
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 10:52 AM
DontCallMeCindy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by BackseatPilot View Post
From an instructor perspective, there had better be a clause paying what we can hold, irrelevant of jetblue or 121 time. We have too many instructors that are on FO rates because they are only allowed to fly two days a month.

Also, given that nothing else is being negotiated to allow for better and more comparable work rules, pay had better be significantly higher than any of the majors.
Lemme get this straight—you want to be paid your 90 hour instructor guarantee, on Captain pay, without having the same FOM or FAR mandated required flight hours as a line pilot? And without having to go fly that seat/accept that level of responsibility on your two flight days each month?

You seem to be forgetting (or unaware) why you’re capped at two days of flying a month. You get to be effectively based in MCO completely out of seniority order, and you get to VDA/RSA/do your two flying days out of MCO as well, also out of seniority order. Meanwhile, a line pilot 4000 numbers senior to you can’t pickup a seat support, or simply bid into an instructor role.

And, once we hold a reserve CA seat in someplace like JFK, we actually have to commute up there and sit reserve to get our CA check. You don’t.

Given the above compromises, I think I’d be careful what I wish for when it comes to disrupting the current system in place. If I recall, you’re able to go to the line/adjunct if you need the hours to upgrade, right?

Last edited by DontCallMeCindy; 12-15-2022 at 11:18 AM.