Thread: Snowmaggedon 2
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2022, 06:06 AM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by Freighthumper View Post
Anthrax is right. Considering our lack of contract and the multitude or cancellations and revisions, it would have been great for FDX ALPA to have all hands on deck with a group of easy to reach people to “check our work” and make sure we don’t do anything illegal and give the company one flipping inch. I can look I things up too but it would have been great to have an easy second set of eyes on things.
Some sort of hotline would be nice. I agree with you on that topic. That is not what Anthrax was asking for. It appears he wanted some sort of directive letter to go out. I think that could be seen as a job action if directing people to do a certain action.

On a separate topic, I remember a few years back an email was sent out for volunteers to staff a contract hotline. I replied interested. Dates for training went out, and everyone scattered it appears, because we then got an email stating not enough people remained to staff it. We now have a DART system that isn’t instantaneous, but generally gets the job done when I have used it.

Max duty times and required rest times are published in the pocket calendar and are simple to calculate. Call the DO and make him/her get your schedule fixed if scheduling hasn’t done it correctly and they don’t fix it. This isn’t a daycare. We can stand up for ourselves like big boys and girls on simple things like duty times and rest periods. If you are fatigued CALL IN FATIGUED. Not that hard.

Aren’t many of these things the role of a Captain who has a spine? To stand up for the crew? Many Captains I have flown with are the opposite. Let’s Get Er Done attitude doesn’t comply with this, so excuses must be made.

Merry Christmas to all the Santa’s and grinches.

Last edited by Noworkallplay; 12-25-2022 at 06:29 AM.