View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 05:18 PM
RTROAjax
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2022

Can't answer questions about delays getting started, but can talk about the current training footprint once started (I'm currently in ERJ training, FYI):

- Flew from CTP directly to indoc (I've heard there is now a bit of a break, maybe 2 weeks, between CTP and indoc)

- Had a 5 week break between indoc and systems ground school (paid the regular training rate of 65 hours per month, with access to travel benefits. I decided to spend some time travelling to Europe, essentially with free airfare).

- Systems ground is 2 weeks. I just completed ERJ Systems Validation test today, with a 5 day break before Procedures Training starts

- Procedures takes about a week, then anticipate another 4 day break prior to Maneuvers

- Maneuvers is scheduled to take another week, with a 2 day break at the end of the Maneuvers Validation

- 4 days for LOFT, culminating in the KV and the LOE

Overall my footprint (from CTP to my future scheduled checkride) is about 3 months. They frontload the breaks in training because its not as diminishing to your knowledge as it would be to have massive breaks between SIM sessions. Once you get to Systems and SIMs, they limit the break lengths to prevent you from losing skills or knowledge. Hopefully this is helpful info for you to get an idea of what to expect!