View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 07:30 PM
MtnFlying
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2021

So, here's some more food for thought and a follow on question to see if it has gotten any better post LOE. I was a 12/28/21 new hire on the CRJ. Our class got through training in relatively quick time with most finishing in about 9 weeks. Then came the vacation as we sat for 4+ months waiting for IOE. I finished LOE on March 6th and didn't see my first trip with a LCA until July 17th. I never made it to the final line check because I saw the freight train coming and was lucky enough to be able to jump over to my preferred job with a large 135/91K company flying Challenger 300's and 350's in August and have zero regrets.

I'm still in contact with my classmates and there are some that are still sitting on reserve, while others have finally started seeing some composite lines awarded. Have one friend that is based out of IAH and he flew 8 hours in Nov and Dec combined, even with trying to chase as much open time as he could. With the number of lines shrinking across the system, expect to be on reserve for a long time after finishing training. The imbalance is very real.

Would love to know what the current LOE to IOE wait times look like and has the number of LCA's increased or are they all still leaving faster then the FAA will approve replacements?

Not trying to throw cold water on everyone's enthusiasm, but you need to go in with that info tucked into your back pocket and not be shocked about delays or even the amount of flying once you get out of training. SkyWest was/is a great company to work for and I believe they will come out of this turmoil better than the others. How long that takes is anyone's guess at this point.

Best of luck to all of you!