Mmmm wine
MinRest
Mmmm wine
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2020
  • Position
    A220 FO
Quote: Thanks for the useful advice, Ill definitely bring that mindset. Was just trying to avoid more threads of how much the airline guys make and why not to come. Read through 38 pages of the FO pay thread just to gather 10 or so data points that could have been in one page. Guess it was a poor choice of words…I’m currently working a similar gig with less of set schedule and less pay so I have an little idea of what to expect. So far it beats the last decade of bending wrenches on night shift and being covered in Jet A or lav juice.

Got one….need to be able to afford the fuel to put in it. Didn’t mean to apply that I’d fly for free…just that I already know the legacy captains get paid more and I don’t think I’d care for that type of flying.
I won't make this another NJA versus airlines debate. But what I will say is that NJA is a job. I actually have fun flying for the airlines and enjoy that type of flying as a job and career. NJA flying can be rewarding too in terms of the actual flying but make absolutely no mistake, it is an arduous and demanding job. It is not a leisurely fun flying hobby that just happens to pay you. It is a job, with highly trained professionals. The company expects and demands a lot out of you and you are compensated for it. It is a job...