View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 01:45 PM
at6d
Strike averted!

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: B737

Originally Posted by Captain Jeff View Post
I think anyone that has been around a while recognizes this as a sinking ship. It is just a question of how long it will last. The product is dated, the model is dated, this is an airline that up till a few years ago required you to buy your own type rating. That is just one step up from a "pay for training" company. It relies on the "cult of Herb" mentality to survive. But Herb left 20 years ago and has been dead for 4. This is not Herb's airline. It is not Mesa, but it is on its way. If you are 55 and like the right seat, great. If you are just starting out, think long and hard about flying the worst airliner for the worst airline and waiting for the ship to sink.
Are we really the worst airline? No. I agree the company is dated. It can and should be fixed. We all want it to be better, and not to be a d&ck but I should remind you to be careful what you wish for.

Originally Posted by Captain Jeff View Post
If you have a job at all, dont consider airtran. This is a terrible place to work. If you got a class date tomorrow you would be an f/o forever. F/o pay sucks, the company sucks, Atlanta sucks, the lines suck, the hotels suck. Did I miss anything? I have hoped for years someone would come buy this ****ty company. It hasn't happened. I see self help or some type of chaos strike in the future. Dont waste your time with this place.