Thread: TA Reached
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 11:25 AM
MainlineFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by thrufru View Post
So, let’s conduct a poll:

How many of you posting on this topic thread have ever actually been on a Negotiating Committee?
Who amongst you has sat across the table from Airline Executives and their lawyers and conducted actual Contract Negotiations?

I’ll go first.

I have. Funny enough, one of the lawyers I argued against was none other than Ellen Ham. She’s like something out of Central Casting…

Show of hands, now.

Wait, Ellen Ham!? THE Ellen Ham?! The shredder of the middle class Ellen Ham? Ellen Ham the devourer of employee pay and benefits? Wow. Just wow.

Honestly I have no idea who this person is. I'm assuming she is some kind of HR or Labor Attorney. Someone I'd expect a company to hire to represent them in negotiations involving the RLA.

I think the bigger question is why were YOU in the room? I'm assuming you were a regional captain at this point? Why does ALPA or more specifically B6ALPA stick people who obviously have no clue how to negotiate into rooms with people for whom its their whole career? We pay enough in dues to get experts in there. Yes I know that ALPA national provides experts to "advise", but ALPA national has different motivations than we should. To them our negotiations are a cost/benefit to be maximized. B6ALPA should be shopping law firms to get some experts of our own whos only interest is B6 pilots.