The REAL Bluedriver
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2011
  • Position
    Airbus Capt
Quote: Correct, the mechanism that let the camels nose into the tent….I have no doubt it was concocted with the best of intentions by the MEC given the circumstances…. But never forget what the road to hell is paved with. You need to have contrarians in any governing body (politics, corporations, hell even HOAs) to prevent stumbling into these traps. Should have only entertained the one time relief back then (as originally proposed) for a % cut of all incremental revenue brought in by the NEA that was enabled from said relief. 100 million + (as per JG) in the first year and initial phase of the NEA, the 1st year alone!!!! That’s even before the additional relief mgt sought later…. Opps we forgot to ask for these things in LOA 13, just an oversight…. It’s like Darth Vader saying “I’m altering the terms of the deal, pray I don’t alter it anymore”. I’m just tired of the MEC leadership getting hoodwinked regardless of their good intentions.
You think? Sounds risky to have variable compensation, you don't think 2% would be better? Sounds scary.