Thread: RTP
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 01:59 PM
turbojet28
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Iflyplanes12345 View Post
Hi all! I really dislike these forums, but I’m looking to get some feedback on Frontier. I’m a new regional FO with RATP. I spoke to recruiters at Frontier and they are hiring RATP. Sounds like I can easily jump to Frontier right now. Can we be respectful and make a pro/con list of Frontier? I like my regional and will finally get a line next month, but this would be a good step right? Pay increase and fly the A320 over RJs. I’m young and want to get to a Legacy quick. Also QOL matters of course. In the past I heard get 121 time that’s it, but now I’ve heard Legacy’s like pouching from their competition instead of taking from the regionals.
Trust me, I get it - but…if you get hired I recommend keeping a bit quiet about your stated ambitions. You will be flying with some guys who have sacrificed a lot and ridden through lots of storms to try and make F9 a career shop. I think they all probably understand what’s going on right now, and won’t really blame you if you use it as a stepping stone, but please keep in mind that most of the captains here did not get hired here planning on this being a stepping-stone airline. Again, just be tactful and open-minded and keep things in perspective. Just because everyone in your circle views Frontier as a farm-team does not mean everyone does.