View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 02:04 PM
Hotel Kilo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2023

Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
This is the way.

All meetings between the Lead FA, Redcoat and CA are in the cockpit behind the closed door. The final decision is always the CA's. As long as you follow the FOM you're covered.

I always give the pax one last opportunity to repent and I speak to them face to face. I feel I owe it to him/her. This meeting will be in the jetway with their bags away from cameras so that it is evident to them that they are hanging by a thread.

The FA's don't make the call. I've had one say, "It's me or the pax." After following the process and deciding to keep the passenger on board, I asked that FA if she still wants to come with us, if not we can find a replacement.
That is not advisable. You as the Capt should never meet with the pax.

Our lawyers are very clear on the way to handle this situation, it is spelled out in the FOM as well.

Lead FA ---> Red Coat/CRO ---> meet with Capt in private ---> convene the SRT or CST. They will tell you what the course of action is. If you fervently are bent on not having them on your jet, yes then you can communicate that back to the ATL. They will respect you call.

As a captain, if you decide to interject yourself as you describe to meet the pax inperson; you've lost protection. The red coats/CRO/police will handle the removal, not you, if that is the direction of the company (thru their direction or yours)

Our lawyers will tell you this flat out: the judge will ask them one question "Did Capt Goggles follow company procedure?" Our lawyers will say either yes or no. If yes, you're GTG. If no, there's not much they can do to help you out.

This is directly from our head of legal at DAL.

So, "IF" you want to go your route Goggles, I would do it with much, much caution. You are effectively "off our reservation" at that time of the person to person meeting and hanging it out there to get whacked.