View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 07:27 PM
I was inverted
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Yeah there’s no way United, Delta, or American pilots would be okay with this negotiating committee and chairman. Absolute embarrassment. They’d be recalled immediately at real airlines with real unions. I now have even less faith in them for the JCBA, which is hard to believe because it was already so low. It’s quite amazing. Recap of every negotiation in B6ALPA history: jetblue says no, and they don’t even fight it. They just move on to the next item. And the fact that this deal doubled in value after the delta TA came out is absolutely dumbfounding. This deal as is puts B6 pilots behind Alaska pilots. So before deltas TA, the MEC and NC was going to push a deal that was far less than Alaska’s?

all this NC ever does is catch up to the bottom of the peer set, and anything on par with the leaders of the peer set are “outliers” and unobtainable until everyone else in the peer set has it.

I wonder if that Q&A was an attempt to accelerate attrition. If I was newish at jetblue and saw that, there’s no way in hell I would stick around with those guys negotiating my future. As a mid-seniority captain the math is a little tougher, but my Lord that was astonishing. And the real concern is that 69% of this pilot group probably doesn’t see the problem.

What a joke B6ALPA is. May as well just dual hat Warren Christie and make him the MEC chairman as an additional duty to his EVP duties. He’d probably be better for the pilot group than these clowns.