View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 03:08 AM
I was inverted
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
sounds like you are frustrated and whole heartedly disagree with the unions’ strategy. Have you told your rep how you felt? Since it was a unanimous vote, if this is voted down, the whole MEC and NC would likely need to be recalled….

I think you are dreaming if you think we could do a recall, send out new polling data, get a new NC and have another TA in 6 months…..
I agreed with the union’s strategy, right up until they agreed to a very substandard agreement (which failed to achieve one of the main pillars “because they said no, again”) right on the cusp of pulling one of the multiple remaining levers, right before Christmas. And yes, the reps and the NC absolutely know how I feel, but they assure me they will get them next time.

I don’t think a recall would be necessary (although it’s needed, I’d support them staying in place thru this extension). All they’d need to do is make a better contract comparison guide (one with profit sharing), re-poll, raise some numbers, and re-engage. Education/polling could be done by end of feb. Maybe into March. March/April/May is plenty of time for a very limited agreement.

Some reps would (and should) resign…those special elections could be done thru feb and March.

Chris Kenney would hopefully be recalled and replaced, and that could happen in feb-March, but union business could continue in the meantime.

Even if a shakeup were to occur in feb/March/April, it’s such a a limited negotiation that it could easily be done in 1-2 sessions. There aren’t many items to discuss. It’s just numbers being handed back and forth across the table. When there’s a deadline, they work really quickly. This last agreement didn’t take hours and hours of haggling until the last day or two. It was meet, exchange proposals, get a response a week or two later, evaluate, exchange another proposal, etc. They had until holiday time to get something done (basically the line in the sand when the labor dispute was to occur). Summer starts in June. That’s the next part in the timeline it would be done by (or not). And I’m 99% confident the company wouldn’t take it into the summer.