View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 04:28 AM
nuball5
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by dontsurf View Post
i think the complaining and the "no, that's not good enough, it needs to be redone" communication from the pilot group to the negotiating committee needs to come much earlier next time, when they are sending out the comparison guides and the "education guides" to the pilot group. we need to point out, "this isn't including everything" or whatever, like how alaska's 5% should be on top of their pay rates, since it's guaranteed. we need to somehow make the negotiating committee do it over again until they get it right as far as educating the pilot group of what our peer set really has, including profit sharing, so that they get the point across that it actually is a big deal. our guys just don't know these things, and that's the union's fault for not communicating it strongly enough. i have yet to talk to one single person that even knows that alaska gets 5% of their pay as a bonus or profit sharing or whatever you want to call it on top of their actual pay rates. no one knows that if all they do is read the stuff the union puts out. so my point is when the union puts it out, we have to force them to make it complete. that's the time to make them do the work. how do we do that?
Communication from whom? 80% of the pilot group is going to vote yes to this.