Thread: Interview
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 07:55 AM
iLikeMoose
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by CBrF3 View Post
What's causing the training delays? I'm trying to understand why SY is so backed up when the FO pay is higher elsewhere. Obviously the type rating is appealing, but am I missing something?
In everything except the year 1 pay rates, Sunny is still a way better place to be at than a regional. The new legacy contracts will likely leave us further in the dust relative to them, but would still so much rather be here than a regional, for total earnings and QOL potential. Especially since the regionals are looking more and more like a sinking ship.

As far as the actual training delays, a lot of that just boils down to the company hiring more people than they can fit through the pipeline. The company has almost doubled its pre-COVID size, lots of growing pains with that. They need people to upgrade more than they need FO's currently, so CA upgrades are taking priority with sims and OE. Our new training center recently opened, hopefully that will help as we slowly gain more sim capacity. They also just added a bunch more OE lines, so hopefully that helps. Still probably a good amount of delays for the foreseeable future. I am not very clued in on what is going on with the last few classes.