View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 07:10 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by RaiderFE View Post
I am a prior flight engineer turned pilot slowly approaching ATP mins. I have talked with several airlines about this exact situation and they all seem to be very confused about the whole process. Exactly what documentation do I need to bring to prove my hours as an FE and that it was in an approved aircraft. For reference, I was on the C-130J and while Lockheed doesn’t state it needs a flight engineer our NATOPS Flight Manuel required one due to our mission sets. I’m worried that I’ll show up to an interview and get sent away because I don’t meet the requirements. However on paper it seems like I got everything I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you're talking about a regional I'm pretty sure they'll bend over backwards to accommodate you at the interview. Bring all relevant docs.

Once you get into training, then you will want to bring the issue up early with the training manager so they have time to do any research they need to satisfy themselves that it's all legal. If you just show up for the checkride at the end and throw some FE time and mil docs on the table the APD likely won't feel comfortable with that since he's probably never seen it before, and would not have time to resolve it on the spot.

Yes there will be a disconnect between the interview team and the training dept, guaranteed.

Does the C-130J panel have airplane systems stuff, or just mission systems?