Thread: JCBA - Wishlist
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 05:48 PM
Macjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Airplanes

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
In essence it seems like that's what happens already at NK. Everyone drops their line and waits to fill their month with premium flying. Might as well just put it in writing.

The DTZ is a reflection of your clause that states 75% of the days have to be green at the beginning of the month, as well as having a single number of reserve min used through the entire month. You can't have an effective DTZ without both of those.
Premium, X list, and Y list flying are unpredictable at best. You can't drop 72 hours of trips and then pickup 72 hours of premium. That just isn't how it works. If you drop trips and then add trips out of open time the pay is 100%. If the company lists Premium Flying in open time, which I've seen twice, then that is 200%. X and Y list flying, sporadic at best, are on a revolving weight basis to always call the guy who has flown the least. If you drop to anything less than guarantee there is no guarantee that you'll get back to that with X/Y.

If we want 150% for open time I'm wondering how we're going to maintain the same amount of such. I'd love to drop my PBS award and rebuild at 150% but I don't see that as realistic.