Thread: JCBA - Wishlist
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 06:06 PM
CincoDeMayo
That/It/Thang

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
Thanks for the info, from the other side of the fence it seemed like everyone just dropped their whole month and rebuilt it with premium as the month went along.

Not to get down another DTZ rabbit hole, but what is the difference between DTZ and a permissive reserve grid that allows trip swap flexibility? Do many guys really drop everything to zero and just take the month off from flying? Or is the main attraction the ability to pick up straight pay trips that you'd prefer to fly (essentially swapping your old pairings for new ones)
Nobody really drops to zero at NK. Some drop a bunch and then play the "will I get a 200% call since I have the time off." I would not get too caught up in drop to zero as a literal meaning, that is a regular event here at NK. Personally we need to find a drop number that works for the majority of the pilots and a system that doesnt require swaps, screw having to need someone to take your flying.

Plenty of times I have dropped to 50, enjoyed the time off, decide if I want to work 200%, and did not have to worry about maintaining certain credit.