View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 08:09 AM
BrazilBusDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Which Cargo Operators are employing Australian Pilots on E3 ?
I've heard of National and Atlas as far as cargo carriers go. Some consultant had a comprehensive list I stumbled into a couple months ago (likely through here or LinkedIn), but I can't seem to find it again. IIRC, it included most of the passenger regionals, Spirit and Frontier (LLC pax), and Atlas at that time.

As far as how you'll be received, I wouldn't worry about it. If you venture to the hotel bar/restaurant at an Atlas hotel today, you're as likely to be outnumbered by Aussies in initial training as not. As stated above, they do have better ways of drinking beer (and the other drinkable things), or at least more ability. Their techniques are often illustrated through amusing stories about inebriated shenanigans at home. Despite this, they are (as they say), "good c*nts", even when they're near "blind". It's probably a great time and place to come over on an E-3 visa. There's so many of you right now it's basically an ex-pat support system.

With that being said (and the sheer numbers being hired), I wonder how long this can keep up? You're a country of 26 million and we're raiding your professional ranks to, as another poster put it, "form a very small plug in a very large hole". What's this doing to the industry at home? I've heard Spirit has hired "400 hundred" and I suspect we're (Atlas) in the hundreds as of now. No idea about the regionals, but it's a non-zero number. At some point you assume there'll be supply constraints of folks willing to pick up and move halfway around the world.

Interesting times. Hopefully you can take advantage. Seems there's work to be had for all at this point in time, which of course isn't always the case in this industry.