Thread: MIA Trips
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 02:34 PM
Fly76
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2022

Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
How is reserve in Miami? Expect to pump a lot of money in to hotels or can we expect to fly pretty much on all our reserve days saving on the hotel costs for commuters?
Depends, LC gets used first before SC and what’s left over or if no proper notice goes to SC. Right now is the slow season so not as much as you would in the summer. Some trips are commutable some not. I commute from TPA for now until I move, so far I’ve only had 1 layover in Punta Cana the rest were day trips which I like. But I used 2 hotels because I couldn’t commute home, and drove once back to Tampa. But I also got an extra 2 days off so far by not being used on my RSV days. Sometime I try to fly so I put a preference which probably could have had an extra day off. I think I’ll have more days off that I won’t be used on Saturday and we’ll see later.

Point is, I used points I had left over for hotels but found a realllly good crashpad by the airport that’s for pilots only and is a big house on a golf course with its own pool so I’m going to try that for now. And as I go forward see if it’s worth just getting hotels.