Old 02-20-2023, 04:45 AM
JackStraw
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: Wichita

Originally Posted by pinseeker View Post
Did you even read the article? Did you read about the author? The title says that experts predict that Buffet will buy FedEx, yet in the article, not a single expert was quoted or referenced. The author's credentials include being a seasoned investor, and having a dual degree in business management and creative writing. Those are some qualifications! The writing was atrocious. This was just an opinion article, much like posts on this website. It was written before the pandemic started to have any effect in the US. A lot of things have changed since then. There are also SEC rules that would govern disclosure of talks of any purchase of a publicly traded company by a publicly traded company. I'm sure the SEC would be fine with billions of dollars of stock buy back by FedEx while they were in secret negotiations to sell the company for 3 years.

One person mentioned that the executives would be moving to Omaha. Someone else said Berkshire. You either decided to add to the rumor by knowingly posting an opinion piece written by a hack over three years ago, or you did a quick google search and linked the first headline that fit that narrative without doing any critical thinking, reading or looking at the date. Make snarky remarks, accuse me of arguing, it doesn't matter to me. The truth is that article is a worthless piece of trash when it comes to added value. Even if Berkshire did acquire FedEx, there is nothing in that article that would have had anything to do with it. That article is no different than asking your 6 year old kid who will win the Super Bowl. They may get it right, but it wasn't because they had any special information or insight.

These articles are clickbait that the editors force the “journalists” to write for ad revenue. I get that. Why did you just write a 600 word essay on the matter? You need to get laid. Relax. It’s going to be ok.