View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 06:47 AM
bonvoyage
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by AirlineMerc View Post
I have a A220 DEC interview coming up next week and really starting to dig in and do the research.

from what I understand, the nature of the trips don’t really make commuting practical. Is that good info?

what are the schedules like? I'm reading 7-day schedules essentially working 4-day weeks. So, am I correct in thinking that this is close to a normal weekly job schedule like you would find in an office, or is there the ability to build your schedules to carve out more than three day weekends into a monthly schedule?

I would be most interested in the TPA or CHS bases. As a DEC, how realistic would it be to get those bases out of training?

thank you for any info you can provide!
Schedules aren’t very commutable right now. They were inching closer to being better, and a scheduling manager quit. A huge issue is a lack of airframes that allow for variety. So what sucks today, could be great a year down the road. More planes are coming, Airbus is having delays, though.

TPA and CHS are relatively senior. I would plan on BDL or PVD (PVD opens for 220 at the end of March).