View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 08:20 AM
threeighteen
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
OK, I'll buy that, but there are an awful lot of new hire right seat wide body types who have zero appreciation for those that had to pay their dues in lower paying seats. How do fix that particular attitude? A lot of these same folks say "screw the old guys" every chance they get, and it is getting tiresome. The retirement wasn't fixed for multiple contracts, as it should have been. We are here because our union leadership failed us. How is that my fault? I voted "no" plenty of times, and I am willing to do so again.

The retirement needs to be fixed, pay rates need to be fixed. Perhaps if they did a good job on retirement, people might retire early, and the young guys can advance more quickly.

Why do the young guys have to continually say, "screw the old guys", "they should have fixed retirement before" like it is our fault it wasn't fixed? That's all I am trying to say.

Also, no one seems to give any props to those of us that said in 2015, "don't screw the new hires out of the A plan". NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE THAT WE PROTECTED YOU, AND YET YOU WANT TO THROW US UNDER THE BUS. That is my primary beef with the young guys.

Again, they should be more grateful. We could have fixed our retirement, and screwed them, but we didn't. Now they want to screw us. That is a bad attitude on their part, not mine.

Also, not one of the young guys, or the MEC gives a damn about retro-retirement, which should be equally as important as retro pay. Why is that? Because "I've got mine" works both ways.

They are setting themselves up for more delays during the next contract negotiations, because they are not being fair to the guys who have retired since the amendable date, but again, no one seems to care. We need leadership that is smart enough to think long term, and that has never happened here, at least as far as the union is concerned.

The company is laughing at us, and it is time for that to stop.
So now you're saying you voted no several times? Because earlier you said you voted yes and you would have been stupid not to, even though those deals didn't fix retirement. You didn't care about fixing retirement in 2006 or 2011, and now you're ****ed because new guys now don't care about it as much as you do?

How is it not your fault when you and your age group ratified 3 different contracts that didn't fix the pension?

How do you not see your own delusion?