View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 07:11 AM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by JRFliers View Post
Read through this entire string and have a pretty good idea the likely range of first year FO pay at NetJets. My question is about the pay year 3, 5, 10 etc., compared to, say, a regional. Especially since you can probably upgrade around year 3 or so and make between 150-200k through year 10/12. (Starting late in life and not sure I want to go to a Major and start again from the bottom in 5 years, currently over 40.) It doesn't appear that the FO base salary goes up much at NetJets but I'm wondering if there's other pay in there I'm not considering. I know some people commented on their year 2, 3, 4 pay but most of those seemed like hearsay and the extremes. Can someone chime in a rough high/low pay assuming worst case that upgrades continue to take 10-15 years? Also what would Captain pay look like around year 10-15? Thank you in advance!
The amount of money you can make at NetJets has a crazy amount of variables- some that you can control and some that you cannot. If you are willing to work a schedule with more days, your pay will be considerably more- the 76 day schedule with 8 day tours pays 33% more than the base 7&7 and is almost always available to whoever wants it. That is something that is in your control. You cannot control what fleet you get for the first 39 months and some fleets fly way less and make way less FDP and have way less opportunity for extended days. FDP and extended days are how a very junior SIC could make 150 to 200K quickly, but only if you get assigned the right fleet and if you are willing to work a lot of days.

Now is the best time ever to get into aviation and even starting later than most, you will most likely be better served by going through the regionals on your way to the majors, especially if you go through a regional that gives you the seniority number with their main line affiliate (unless you can bail out at start at a competitor main line much quicker). NetJets would probably be only a good a idea if you live somewhere or want to live somewhere that is a horrific commute.