View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 05:55 AM
757Driver
Need More Callouts

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Unbridled Enthusiasm

Originally Posted by thomas39
Hey Cargobob and Eric Stratton:

You both are showing your ignorance of the situations at NWA and DAL. I am a NWA pilot who has been on furlough for over 4 years now and I follow the events closely at NWA. First, we NEVER folded on scope. NWA pilots still have the BEST scope section of ANY legacy carrier in the industry. Doubt it? Go read our current TA and compare it to the rest of the industry. Still don't believe it?--I would be happy to show you how wrong you are on this issue.

Second, you may not be keeping up on current events, but NWA and Delta are BANKRUPT. You can't negotiate with management the way you used to prior to being in bankruptcy. It is really quite simple. Management backed us up againts a cliff. If we struck, we might as well have jumped off the cliff too. Liquidation or live to fight when the industry turns for the better were our only choices. Don't think for one second any of us are happy or glad about our current situation or the TA! And remember, there is not an airline on this PLANET that is not immune to the same fate as NWA, DELTA, UAL, US AIR, EAL, PAN AM...............CAL?
Completely Wrong!! Perhaps if you guys had stood-up to Management and not folded like a deck of cards you might have had something to return to. As it stands now, you'll be lucky to come back to the right seat of a commuter aircraft making $20.00/hour.

Better get those applications fired up.