Thread: Thoughts...
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 06:28 PM
SpoilerAlert
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2023

Originally Posted by Moosefire View Post

The massive difference between today and 08/09 is EVERY pax carrier is hiring like crazy and growing, they weren’t then. I say more power to anyone who wants to go… it’s the right time for it.

It’s up to the company to give folks a reason to want to be here.
Absolutely correct! And that job isn't in MEM where you can get shot, and you're not at the end of a self induced cost cutting drive that isn't going to work out well for pilots.

$4000/mo and no hotel should have been our first clue of how bad the company wanted us to train and fly here. Even AA pays over double for you to train with them.

And it's definitely more than 10 pilots trying to leave. Would have to take my boots off to count the amount of people I know here with plans to takeoff. Many with CJO's and just waiting for their time, or the PRIA request to come through and they get fired. Really nice way to show guys the door.

It's a pilot's market- stay in MEM for what looks like a substandard contract/no vote to another year+ fight, and a looming displacement? Or go somewhere where things are booming and upgrades are a plenty? Do the math. Less than 3 years here, it's not a huge sell to start over. Have had many Capts tell me to go elsewhere, this isn't Fred's baby anymore.