Thread: CJO Options
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 05:30 AM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Do yourself a favor and read some of the many "UAL/AA go to DAL?" threads. There is a lot of useful info in there about how many DAL has hired since 2014. Somewhere around 9000 and counting (and more every week, ~500 this year alone). So even if your age means you will outlast many of those other pilots and end up at 2% where will you be for the first 5, 10, 15 years?

I'm not trying to dissuade you from DAL, it's a mostly great place to work and if you like one of its bases, especially a junior base it's a no-brainer.

Just think about where you'll be on the seniority list for the bulk of your career instead of the very end and how much that affects QOL and earnings potential.
This is absolutely right. It isn’t so much about where you’ll retire, it’s about where you’ll spend the bulk of your career.

That being said, Delta’s quality of life is above both AA and UA for junior pilots. I actually think I was flying better trips and had better quality of life when I was on reserve than I do now as a line holder. And that was before our new reserve/trip construction rules.