Thread: Isom and Kirby Panic Mode

hummingbear , 03-26-2023 06:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off
hummingbear
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2006
Quote: like I said, not trying to cast aspersions. I like the mec but what is the ask? No one knows what we’re shooting for at the line scum level. I speak frequently with my reps and I know them on a first name basis. I get all the updates. I’m not uninformed. Boiler plate ai generated messages about progress or no progress in certain sections does not paint a clear picture about how far apart we are in certain things. We are kind of left to read between the tea leaves about the yes/no moderation question, why we haven’t seen a strike vote yet… considering how the last TA dropped I’m sure you can understand why the pilot group deserves detailed information.

that’s what I’m saying
There are so many reasons the negotiations process is not public that trying to enumerate them would take too long even for a loquacious pedant like myself. Suffice it to say most of it boils down to efficiency- it would be much harder for either side to speak candidly in negotiations if we were all watching the play by play.

Whatever the final product is, rest assured it will be better than the company’s offer & worse than the union’s “ask”. Once it is ready, we’ll all get to judge it on its merits. TUMI 1 sucked & we sent it back. We should continue to do the same until the TA is acceptable. We don’t need to tour the assembly line to know whether we want to buy the car.