View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 07:13 PM
Race Bannon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by Giordano Bruno View Post
It takes weeks if not months to file for mediation, get on the calendar, get the mediator spun up, and start negotiating. It blows my mind that UALPA is not getting the process started NOW. Without mediation, DALPA would still be getting stonewalled by management. And don't get fooled into thinking the quantity of closed sections is important. The big dollar economic and high impact work rule sections are where mgmt is going to drag their feet as long as they possibly can.
Originally Posted by Hedley View Post
....... It’s simply not time for mediation or a strike vote considering that we just really started over with the passing of the Delta TA. They are still meeting frequently and apparently negotiating in good faith. It’s a huge document to rewrite and the big ticket items will be the last sections that are settled. That might not set well with the tough talking crowd, but it’s where we are and we need cool heads at the table.
Hedley, your point has much merit. I have to love the Delta guys(Giordano Bruno) who come on here with all their flaming opinions couched as fact, wisdom and years of experience(not). GB is only offering his 1 opinion.
My personal opinion? Trying to get a mediator involved now will just give management the needed public ammunition to foot drag . They will tell the meditator and Wall Street that after the "Union's inability to negotiate due to recalls that they have been willing and able to meet". Mgt will then suggest 2 -4 days a month for meetings. It will not be like super mediation at the end game stage.

Let the NC and MEC do their job. They have only been at it a short while and currently suggest they are fairly happy with the progress. The current union position is a lot like a marital relationship. You can't hang the faults of your ex-wife on your new spouse. You just need to be happy that you recognized you were in a harmful relationship , disengaged, and found a new significant other that appears to respect you.... that would be/is your new MEC.

Again, JMHO